Friday, August 14, 2009

Home Sweet Home...

Well I don't know if Spence or I really consider this home sweet home just yet. We like Omaha but don't consider it home. Everyone here says by the time we leave we are going to be sooo sad. I don't know about that... but we'll see. So we have lived here for about 3 months and have been working like crazy to get this placed fixed up. We have been painting, caulking, re-carpeting... replacing baseboards, carpet, and installing wood floors. The list is never ending and the sad part is we still aren't done, but it is definitely an improvement. So here it is our new/old place.


Living Room

After living in chaos for a few months it is nice to have a place to sit down and relax.





Kitchen
It's small but it fits our tea party table perfectly. I'm not a big time cooker so I don't really need a big time kitchen.





Kelan's Room
I won't let him have a car's room (which Spence thinks is so cruel) but I do let him have a few car accessories.


Our Bathroom





Our Bedroom

We haven't done anything here and we haven't finished our backroom. We got a little burnt out... someday.



PotTy tRaiNinG UpdAtE...

Kelan is awesome and has been doing such a great job. I am doing this thing called 3 day Potty Training. So far so good... we are on day four and he hasn't wet his bed once during the night or during his 3 hour naps. I would have to say he isn't quite there but he tells me when he has to go pee pee and that is more than I could have expected 3 days ago. We are still working on the poop thing but he is getting there. I don't understand why kids would rather go poop in their pants than sit on the toilet and not have that nastiness in there pants. I guess people say they are afraid of it... who knew?



We have made quite the improvement seeing how this is where we started... Good job Kelan!! I am so proud of you.

3 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Great job with the house, it is amazing....Great job Kelan, papa and neemah are SO PROUD of you...I love the cabinet you put in your living room, looks good, where did you get it? Your update just barely showed up for me on my blog today. I've been anxious to see it and am amazed by your progress. I'm impressed that my son is a handy man....

Skye said...

Your place looks amazing!!! You guys have fixed it up really nice. I might have to get some tips on potty training in the future. Asher is starting to so interest...so we'll see how that goes :) Good job Kelan!!!

The Dunyons said...

totally lovin your blog gal! you'll have to help me sass up our blog. It's a little dull!